pyfkzesm

Cake UK

By on April 21, 2021

first_imgBritain’s road rage culture descended to new depths earlier this month when a woman threw more than a hissy fit in a Welsh cake shop.On hearing the news that her favourite fairy cakes, ironically named Sweet Tooth, were sold out, the woman reportedly threw herself to the floor in anguish, then launched an attack on the store owner, smashed display cabinets and hurled cupcakes around before fleeing the Sugarswirlz cupcakery in Cardiff.Perhaps the most disturbing element of this news is that she was accompanied by her two young sons, who emulated her charming behaviour by screaming and shouting in chorus. Police are searching for a “blonde and well-built” woman, and a businessman has stumped up £220 or 100 cupcakes to anyone who grasses her up.The set-to has more than paid off, with blanket coverage from the BBC to The Mirror and The Daily Mail boosting sales. “It’s quite surreal,” says owner Sally Dodd. “And it has attracted lots of people to the shop. Yesterday we sold 600 cakes, which is three times the usual amount.”The assailant was still at large, at the time Stop the Week went to press. Contact Cake Crimewatch with any information (and we may even share the reward with you).Cake Crimewatch FranceLe Parisien reported on a 64-year-old ’cake burglar’, who allegedly stole from up to 20 pensioners after feeding them cakes spiked with sedatives.The cakey fiend met his 75-88-year-old victims on the street or in shops, he would apparently arrange to meet at their home for coffee and laced cake, having struck up a rapport. He would then proceed to snaffle cash and credit cards once they’d passed out.The man, who operated in the Paris suburbs, was rumbled after a suspicious 88-year-old faked eating the cake and pretended to fall asleep, watching him scouring the flat for loot.The moral of the story? Never accept cake from a strange Frenchman (no, they’re not all strange!)last_img read more

Continue Reading

ccdphtsv

Pellegrini: Lescott is still useful

By on September 21, 2020

first_imgManchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini maintains that defender Joleon Lescott remains an important member of his squad. Lescott, who is out of contract in the summer, has been linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium during this month’s transfer window. Tottenham and Newcastle are reportedly potential destinations for the 31-year-old, possibly on loan, but Pellegrini insists no clubs have made an approach. Both Kompany and Nastasic have had injury problems this season and Pellegrini might be reluctant to let Lescott leave, at least without signing a viable alternative. One player who is likely to move out on loan is striker John Guidetti. The progress of the Sweden Under-21 international, who had a successful loan at Feyenoord two years ago, has been blocked by injury and illness. Pellegrini said: “I think John must go on loan, he is coming back from a long injury for about 18 months. “Here we have (Edin) Dzeko, (Alvaro) Negredo, (Sergio) Aguero and (Stevan) Jovetic. Maybe he will not play as often as he needs so maybe it is best for him and the team.” Midfielder Jack Rodwell could face another spell on the sidelines with a hamstring injury. The 22-year-old, who has had numerous hamstring problems in recent years, will miss Saturday’s FA Cup third-round tie at Blackburn. Pellegrini said: “Rodwell has some problem in his hamstring. “We will see tomorrow how serious. Maybe it is a small thing but for tomorrow he is not fit.” When asked if there was truth in suggestions Lescott could leave this month, Pellegrini said: “Not for the moment. “Joleon Lescott is a very important player for us. “I understand he finishes his contract in June here. “We will see what happens in the future but for the moment he is still here and he is a very useful player for our team.” Asked further if he could be allowed out on loan, Pellegrini, speaking at a press conference, said: “At this moment, we are not considering (it). “We will see in the future, during the transfer window, what will happen.” While that could be interpreted as the Chilean not ruling out a possible move, centre-back does remain a problem area for City. With Martin Demichelis currently injured, Lescott is the only senior back-up to first-choice pair Vincent Kompany and Matija Nastasic. Press Associationlast_img read more

Continue Reading