ibfignoo

Ex-presidential guard member threatens RSF correspondent

By on June 12, 2021

first_img RSF_en Receive email alerts to go further Central African RepublicAfrica News December 13, 2019 Find out more Organisation Sub-Lieutenant Dogo, reputed to be close to President François Bozizé since he assumed power, is notorious amongst the residents of Bangui for his cruelty. He was stripped of his rank and returned to civilian life on 21 September 2005 for “indiscipline and dishonour in the army and abuse of authority”, after the bodies of two soldiers who had been arrested by his men a few days earlier, were discovered. Following this incident, the head of state reminded the armed forces to act with “humanism” and “respect for human rights.” News Help by sharing this information After the 4 January 2006 publication of an article entitled “Year 2006 Starts in Pain and Tears” in “The Citoyen”, the daily’s director Maka Gbossokoto received a phone call at 6:15 p.m. (local time) from sub-lieutenant Jean-Célestin Dogo, an ex-“Liberator” (the name given to those who assisted in the 2003 rebellion that brought François Bozizé to power). The soldier, recently ousted from the military, expressed his anger at a recent report in “The Citoyen” about the fatal settling of a 3 January dispute in a northern district of Bangui that degenerated into confrontations between police and citizens. He insulted the journalist, who is also an RSF correspondent and president of the Central African Journalists Union (UJCA) and ended the conversation in saying, “We will meet and see.” Follow the news on Central African Republiccenter_img News Reporters without Borders has condemned threats made against Maka Gbossokoto, the director of the private daily newspaper “Le Citoyen” (“The Citizen”), by a presidential guard sub-lieutenant who was recently dismissed from the army and is known for his brutality. RSF decries arbitrary blocking of two CAR news websites Central African RepublicAfrica January 9, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Ex-presidential guard member threatens RSF correspondent Six years on, same unanswered questions about French journalist’s death in CAR News April 6, 2021 Find out more CAR policeman who shot reporter must be punished, RSF says May 13, 2020 Find out morelast_img read more

Continue Reading

ccdphtsv

Derry Councillor asks those behind bus attacks to stop

By on May 27, 2021

first_imgNews Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Facebook Twitter By News Highland – March 19, 2013 Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal A Derry Councillor has called on those involved in attacking buses in the Galliagh area of Derry to stop immediately.Over the past ten days there have been a number of attacks on buses which resulted in Translink withdrawing its service in the Galliagh area for a time over the weekend.Windows of buses have been broken while a young girl was injured in an attack on Saturday evening.Councillor Tony Hassan says a small group of youths are responsible and has called on their parents to intervene:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Tony-busses.mp3[/podcast] Google+ Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Pinterestcenter_img Pinterest WhatsApp Google+ 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North WhatsApp Facebook Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Derry Councillor asks those behind bus attacks to stop Previous articlePublic meeting against Croke Park proposals to be held in Letterkenny this TuesdayNext articleMan dies after falling off rocks at Mullaghmore head News Highland Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Continue Reading

jgmnnruq

Be Better: COVID-19 payment trends that allow credit unions to outshine big banks right now

By on December 17, 2020

first_img ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr As Americans hunker down in their homes, changing everything about where and how they spend money, credit unions are entering uncharted territory.  However, one thing is certain: credit unions must continue to be compassionate banking alternative: delivering the financial support that consumers and small businesses need now and in the face of an uncertain future.Big banks are going to do what they always do: put profit before people. Just this morning, for instance, thousands of small business owners voiced their anger on social media after being denied from Bank of America’s Paycheck Protection Loan Program. The bank stated it would only offer relief to customers that have an existing credit card or lending relationship with the bank.While Bank of America reversed its decision only after massive criticism, the initial policy demonstrates the clear connection they draw between the payments and lending side of their business and that, for them, these decisions are purely transactional. Credit unions can stand as the compassionate financial alternative, leveraging payments to support members’ immediate financial needs while building long-term relationships with them. continue reading »last_img read more

Continue Reading

xbdspkkt

Endicott mayor recommends village board cancel new recycling operation restrictions

By on December 8, 2020

first_imgENDICOTT (WBNG) — The back and forth over industrial zoning in Endicott continues. She said, “We learned that the only decision we as a Village could make was regarding adding safety restrictions to our existing zoning code.” After months of conversations over Zoom, met with some oppostion, Endicott Mayor Linda Jackson said she is recommending the village board repeal the restrictions recently passed on the recycling operations in the village. In a press release sent to 12 News, Jackson says Endicott is a village with a reputation built on technology and is what its economy depends on. Jackson explained the village was initially skeptical of the DEC following through on its responsibilities based on past experiences. It comes as the battery recycling facility set to be operated by SungEel MCC Americas was put on hold by the DEC, which wants to look further into its recycling process and certain chemicals involved before it gets up and running. “Recently they have proved to be responsive to the watchdog role they play over this company,” said Jackson. “We will let the DEC and the company work out the next phase of the permit review process.”last_img read more

Continue Reading

ysylffby

The Tourism Job Fair has started: 48 exhibitors and more than 250 job advertisements are waiting for you

By on November 18, 2020

first_imgFrom today, February 21, to midnight on February 28, the second online Tourism Job Fair will be held at the web address http://mojposaouturizmu.net/.Given that tourism is an activity in which labor mobility is frequent, the Fair is of a virtual nature and is accessible via all devices (computers, tablets, mobile phones) and allows direct communication with employers via chat or video interviews.Job offers: from waiters to internship programs for hotel managers Job seekers await more than 250 job postings, permanently or temporarily, in a hotel, travel agency or other tourist or catering facility. This year, even more employers are starting their search for workers at the Tourism Job Fair: so 48 employers are expecting job seekers, while 32 of them presented themselves at the first Fair.A large number of ads are related to positions waiters, chefs, receptionists, restaurant managers, animators, pastry chefs, kitchen support staff and maids. Also interesting is the offer of internship programs for future hotel managers and job advertisements whose positions are not primarily ‘tourist’, such as a warehouse worker, a human resources officer, a controller and many others. At the stands of employers, in addition to the job offer, you can find the experiences of employees, a gallery of photos and videos of the future work environment.Some of the employers, exhibitors at the fair, who employ a larger number of workers are:Lafodia Sea Resort, Pine Beach Pakostane, Liburnia Riviera hotels, Jadranka hotels, Dubrovnik riviera hotels, Radisson Split, Svpetrvs hotels, Solaris, Laguna Novigrad, Gulliver Travel, TUI Sensimar, Maistra, Etradex, Vis dd, Valalta, Hotels Njivice, Hedera Estate , Samarcanda, Vidokrug travel agency, Medora hotels and resorts, Camping Stobreč, Dubrovnik Gardens of the Sun, Cresanka, Doğuş Group, Crvena Luka hotel & resort, Hotel Life & Hotel Life Palace, Kempinski Hotel Adriatic, Konoba Obala and many others.You can find the full list of employers and open positions on the page Fair.Related news:BLUE LAGOON SIGNED COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT ANNEX – HIGHER SALARIES FOR EMPLOYEES ON AVERAGE 7%BY VOLUNTEERING TO WORK IN TOURISMVALAMAR RIVIERA RAISES TOTAL SALARIES BY 2018% IN 11,5last_img read more

Continue Reading

jgmnnruq

Cricket News Sri Lanka end New Zealand tour without a win, lose one-off Twenty20 International

By on September 19, 2020

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Sri Lanka has ended their tour of New Zealand without a win as they lost the one-off Twenty20 International in Eden Park, Auckland by 35 runs on Friday. This follows the results on the tour when they lost the two-Test series 1-0 and were blanked 3-0 in the ODI series. This loss will hurt the Sri Lankan team badly as they allowed New Zealand to recover from 55/5 after winning the toss and opting to field. Sri Lanka skipper Lasith Malinga struck in the very first over by removing Martin Guptill (1). Kasun Rajitha was next when he dismissed Tim Seifert (2). Malinga struck again when he removed the dangerous Henry Nicholls (4) and New Zealand sunk further when Rajitha dismissed Munro for 16.Things continued to go downhill for New Zealand as Ross Taylor and Mitchell Santner struggled to get going after the powerplay overs. When Santner (13) was dismissed by chinaman Lakshan Sandakan, New Zealand were 55/5 in 10 overs and in danger of being bowled out for a below-par score. However, as he had done in the ODI series, Taylor once again stepped up and played an innings of substance. This time, he was the sheet anchor as Doug Bracewell, promoted up the order, played a stirring cameo.Read More | Pandya dropped for Sydney ODI, reportedly set to return homeThe hosts capitalised on some loose bowling from Lahiru Kumara as 17 runs came off the 12th over, with Bracewell hitting his first six. Although Taylor departed in the 16th over for a solid 33, Scott Kuggeleijn stepped up and delivered the finishing touches. Bracewell targeted Thisara Perera by blasting three sixes and a four as 23 runs came in the 17th over and Kuggeleijn got into the game by hammering two more sixes off Rajitha. Kuggeleijn ended the innings in style as he hit two further sixes off Rajitha and New Zealand ended on 179/7, with 64 runs coming in the last four overs.Read More | Rahul Dravid, ‘The Wall’ turns 46- Here are some memorable knocksSri Lanka stumbleIn response, Niroshan Dickwella hit a four and six off Lockie Ferguson but the bowler had his revenge when he got rid of Sadeera Samarawickrama in the first over. Tim Southee conceded 18 runs in his first over as Sri Lanka made a fast start but Kuggeleijn and Bracewell showed his mettle this time with the ball.In his first over, Kuggeleijn dismissed Kusal Perera for 23 while Bracewell struck first ball by sending back Dickwella for 18. However, Thisara, who was in fine form in the ODIs, continued to punish the New Zealand bowling as Sri Lanka maintained a scoring rate over 10 per over. Perera got going with an upper-cut off Bracewell and he lofted Santner into the stands at deep midwicket. Kusal Mendis’ dismissal for 17 did not slow down Perera who got a four and a six off Ish Sodhi. However, Ferguson dealt the killer blow for Sri Lanka when he cleaned up Thisara for 43. Following his dismissal, Sri Lanka lost five wickets for 26 runs as New Zealand sealed the contest in style.Sri Lanka now head to Australia for two Tests in Brisbane and Canberra while New Zealand gear up to face Virat Kohli’s Indian cricket team for five ODIs and three Twenty20 Internationals. last_img read more

Continue Reading

rbwoojym

MIDNIGHT LUTE STAKES QUOTES – SATURDAY JANUARY 2, 2016

By on August 2, 2020

first_imgKAREN HEADLEY, SAN ONOFRE, WINNER: “I’m very, very pleased . . . The strategy worked out perfect, finally. His last two sprints he had gone against monsters, not that this was a soft field, but there was no Masochistic in here.”“He’ll probably come back in the California-bred stake ($150,000 Donald Valpredo California Cup Sprint at six furlongs Jan. 30).” Bruce Headley explains his wife’s nom de course, Matson Racing: “Aase’s father shipped ammunition for three different wars using Matson Shipping Company. They shipped during the Korean War, World War II and Vietnam. The morning of Pearl Harbor, he was actually there in the harbor but they received a warning so he decided to ship out before the bombings began.” TRAINER QUOTES NOTES: The winning owner is Aase Headley of Arcadia, who campaigns as Matson Racing. JOCKEY QUOTES             ALEX SOLIS, SAN ONOFRE, WINNER: “He’s been training really, really good. He’s a different horse these last six months, he’s a different horse in the mornings, you can see it. He’s stronger and happier and he showed it today.“Karen and Bruce and myself, we’ll all sit down and discuss what’s best for him and go from there.” BRUCE HEADLEY, BREEDER OF SAN ONOFRE, WINNER: “Really good way to start the New Year; my daughter did a helluva job.“I wasn’t overly confident today, because these are all real nice horses and great trainers. I knew it’d be tough. I’m more excited for Alex than I am myself. Alex has a lot left in him, which he showed today. Me, I’m on borrowed time.“Karen did a great job, I had nothing to do with it. I mean, I bred him but . . . ”last_img read more

Continue Reading

bcolfdqf

RODEO DRIVE STAKES QUOTES – SATURDAY OCTOBER 1, 2016

By on

first_imgOWNER QUOTESPERRY BASS, SON OF OWNER RAMONA BASS, AVENGE, WINNER: “It’s my parents’ anniversary today, so they’re in Italy, and I know they stayed up to watch. I wish they were here, but it’s good to be here in their stead. We didn’t know if she could get the mile and a quarter, and we didn’t know if she could get the mile and an eighth in the Mabee. She surprised us there, and she got the lead here. She just cruised, and Flav rode great. (Richard) Mandella and the whole barn were incredible. She has a lot of speed and she can rate, but there wasn’t a lot of speed in the race. The Stidham horse (Zipessa) was the only other speed. As long as Avenge relaxed, we thought we’d be OK out there, and she obviously did it.” JOCKEY QUOTESFLAVIEN PRAT, AVENGE, WINNER: “She’s getting better with each race. She really surprised me out there today. Once I let go she really got comfortable and took the lead. Honestly, that was a lot of fun and we’ll see how she does for the Breeders’ Cup; it’s a big one.” -30-center_img NOTES: The winning owner is Ramona Bass of Fort Worth, Texas.last_img read more

Continue Reading

kvvfwvhc

Build Your Own Fire Hose API with STREST – a New Protocol for Real-Time Data Streaming

By on December 16, 2019

first_imgSTREST is a new open source protocol and server from Wiredset, the company behind the real-time social media analytics service Trendrr. STREST is HTTP-compatible and is designed for real-time data streaming. Wiredset has released the protocol spec, a server implementation and drivers in Java, Python and JavaScript.Wiredset created the protocol to deal with the challenges it faced when building the Trendr API. The team needed a way to offer extremely high-volume API calls with low latency, deliver the results in real-time at scale, and do so through a RESTful interface.STREST features:Fully duplexed streaming connectionsSupport for multiple simultaneous streams on a single connectionWebsockets support out of the boxHTTP CompatibilityIn short: you can use this to power a pretty massive API. Anyone know of anything else like this? Tags:#APIs#hack Growing Phone Scams: 5 Tips To Avoid Why You Love Online Quizzes Related Posts center_img 7 Types of Video that will Make a Massive Impac… How to Write a Welcome Email to New Employees? klint finleylast_img read more

Continue Reading

uyjagtaa

Indian Army SSC Recruitment for 14 Judge Advocate Generals

By on November 27, 2019

first_imgThe Indian Army has invited applications from married/unmarried male candidates and unmarried female candidates for the recruitment to the Judge Advocate General department. Selected candidates will be hired on Short Service Commission which begins with an initial period of 10 years and may be extended by another four years. Online applications will be available from August 19, 2014 and will end on September 19, 2014 at 5 PM.Vacancies:Judge Advocate General Department: total 14 postsMen: 10 postsWomen: 4 postsSalaryStipend of Rs 21,000 per month with Rs 15,600 as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs 5,400 during training period. After completing training, candidates will join Indian Army in the rank of Lieutenant and will receive payment according to the rank. Army provides free medical facilities, canteen facilities, sports facilities and accommodation as part of benefits.EligibilityAge of the candidate should be between 21 and 27 years. The candidate should have an LLB Degree with minimum 55 per cent aggregate marks and be eligible for registration with the Bar Council of India/State. In addition, candidates must be medically fit.SelectionEligible candidates will face a two-stage selection process from the Service Selection Board. After selection, candidates will undergo 49 weeks of training at the Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai.How to applyInterested candidates can apply for the Judge Advocate General Department on the official Indian Army website (www.joinindianarmy.nic.in) by selecting the Officer Menu and then selecting ‘How to Apply’ option.last_img read more

Continue Reading