One has to check the mobile a couple of times, at the beginning of the telephone conversation, to verify that he is chatting with someone 19 years old, born in 2000 for more signs. Despite being touring the season of his debut in Second B, Rubén de Tomás speaks with self-confidence, like a veteran. Or as if he had been in the elite of his older brother, Raúl de Tomás, for years. Naturally face this double role, for being the ‘Alter ego’ of the new signing of Espanyol and at the same time player of a San Sebastián de los Reyes that this Sunday it will be measured with the parakeets in the Copa del Rey. “Raul is wanting to play to show that he keeps scoring goals”, Says Rubén. Who knows if he can start this Sunday, before Sanse. A bet? There the family is over: “I hope we win, even if my brother plays“ “It seems surreal to me that everything has come together in the same days. The draw was random and Raul’s signing until recently was unclear, so how were we going to imagine it”, Admits Rubén, about the double coincidence, to which a cherry can be put if both have minutes in this Sanse-Espanyol. “Hopefully, it would be a dream come true, because we have never faced. The whole family would be very proud of us, ”he says. “We have never faced each other and hopefully I will now pass in the Cup, it is surreal” This last sentence is not trivial. In Rubén’s vocabulary he sends that attachment for his own, and it is not for less. His father, also Raúl de Tomás although known footballistically as ‘Beni’, He also played (in fact, he militated in the Sanse). And his children opted for football because “he educated us on the premise that we would do what we believed in.” This was also contributed by his mother, Mila, who followed the almost five years that, already as a footballer of the Real Madrid quarry, Raúl was interned at SEK school. “Raul is more introverted than normal to not give the image of what is not” Perhaps the one who suffered most all that time was Ruben, then a child. “It was hard, although we stayed very close. Raúl is a mirror to look like in everything, a hero for me”, He says. And abounds: “They took it away from home very soon, but the consolation is that he could fulfill his dream of being a great footballer“ What they do share, beyond distance, are hobbies. “We have very similar tastes, they call us boxing and cars. For Christmas, Raúl gave me a simulator”, Explains Rubén, who describes his older brother as“ very humble, respectful and close. It is more introverted than normal, precisely so as not to give the image of what is not”, He warns, about his fame of chop. But they recovered lost time, to coincide first in Valladolid and, until last summer, in Rayo Vallecano. Raúl, in the first team. Rubén, in the quarry. Can you imagine now playing in Espanyol B? The little one of Tomás laughs, but for now he says he feels “happy” in Sanse, despite not being playing much in his first year.@ rauldetomas17 ‘); return false; “class =” item-multimedia “>Raúl and Rubén de Tomás, together, in an image published by RdT on the networks this week.@ rauldetomas17 “He’s looking forward to showing that he’s still scoring goals … But hopefully we win”
Jaafar Abdulridha Ali Al Sudani of Iraq (in blue) competes against Mario Fernandez of the Philippines (in red) during the men’s bantam 56kg boxing round of 32 at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta on August 25, 2018. AFP PHOTO / AAMIR QURESHIThe misery continued for Filipino boxers in the 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia on Saturday.Mario Fernandez was knocked out with under a minute left in the third and final round of his bantamweight bout against Jaafar Abdulridha Ali Al Sudani of Iraq in the round of 32.ADVERTISEMENT ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Asian Games: Philippines falls to Indonesia, still advances to quarters MOST READ DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Peza offers relief to ecozone firms The 25-year-old Fernandez, who won the bronze medal in the 2014 Incheon Asian Games, blew a golden opportunity to advance as he was leading in the judges’ scorecards after two rounds.But he took a solid right that sent him flat on his back. Fernandez tried but had a hard time getting up, prompting the referee to stop the fight.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’On Friday, Nesthy Petecio suffered a controversial split decision at the hands of Yin Junhua of China while Joel Bacho also dropped a split decision to Sajjad Kazemzadeh Poshtiri of Iran. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs View comments Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES
Sixty-four fallen heroes of the Guyana Police Force (GPF) were on Sunday morning honoured and remembered for their contributions as the Force observed its annual Wreath Laying Ceremony in the compound of the Police Officers’ Mess Hall, Eve Leary.The event saw the Vice President and Minister of Public Security, Khemraj Ramjattan, Commissioner of Police, Leslie James along with his Deputy Commanders and other high-ranking officials of the Force with widows, children, relatives and friends of the fallen heroes laying wreaths at the feet of the Monument to Fallen Heroes.As a mark of respect, a 21-gun salute was executed and the Police Military Band sounded the Last Post and the Reveille following which a moment of silence was observed.In his remarks, Commissioner James pointed to the dangers faced by ranks of the Police Force on a daily basis and thanked the ranks who charge their obligation.“Fleeing is not an option for police officers in the line of duty since they are mandated to serve and protect the citizens of the country. Ranks are duty-bound to confront violators of the laws and this confrontation in which triggers the fight or flight response…During some of these attacks, some ranks are killed in the line of duty making them our heroes…I thank all ranks for making that sacrifice daily and pray that the great almighty continues to allow us to move our great country forward” James briefly stated.Chairman of the Guyana Police Force Fallen Heroes Foundation, Rev Raphael Massiah in his remarks thanked the serving members of the Force for their monthly contribution to the Fallen Heroes Fund.This Fund contributes to the children of the deceased for their education and welfare. He said he will honour this charge and his obligations to the families of the fallen heroes.During the ceremony, words of comfort were offered to the relatives and friends of the ranks killed in the line of duty by the Police Force Chaplain, Pastor Patrick Doolichand.Also attending the ceremony were Heads of the Disciplined Services, Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Paul Slowe DSM, Former Police Commissioner, Floyd McDonald and other retired senior officers of the Guyana Police Force.
The EnCana Events Centre has just released more tickets for Alan Jackson tonight. They just released more tickets in sections 107 and 116 to the show after they set up the stage.Below is all the info to buy ticketsENCANA EVENTS CENTRE JUST RELEASED MORE ALAN JACKSON TICKETS – LIMITED NUMBER 1-877-339-TIXX, http://www.facebook.com/l/34a7d;WWW.DAWSONCO-OPTICKETS.COM or HEAD TO THE TIGER BOX OFFICE or DAWSON CO-OP HIGH PERFORMANCE TICKET OUTLET- Advertisement –
Photo: Justin Salopree in this undated photo – RCMPUPDATE – A 14 year old boy reported missing on Sunday to Grande Prairie RCMP Detachment, was located safe and sound at 5:00 p.m. Monday in Grande Prairie. Reportedly a local resident heard on the radio that police were looking for the youth. The youth had come to the residence with her own son, and when she heard the news broadcast, believed the youth at her residence matched the description.- Advertisement -Police attended the residence and the child is now in the care of a relative.Grande Prairie RCMP Detachment appreciate the assistance from the community and the media in helping locate the youth. RCMP in Grande Prairie are asking for the public’s assistance to locate a missing 14 year-old boy.Justin Salopree (also known by the last name Harms), is from La Crete, Alberta but was staying with family in Sexsmith.Advertisement He is believed to have left Sexsmith on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. and hitchhiked to Grande Prairie. He was last seen at the Prairie Mall at around 2:30 p.m. Police and family members have not been able to locate him since the sighting at the mall.Salopree/Harms is described as being between 5’5” and 5’7” in height with a medium build. He wears glasses and also has braces. He has a shaved head and was wearing a plaid shirt and grey skinny jeans. He was also wearing a blue baseball hat with a red “Hurley” symbol.Anyone with information on Salopree/Harms whereabouts is asked to immediately contact police.
For more information on the CN Future Links program, or to register, please visit the website of call 1-800-263-0009. Children are being given the opportunity to sharpen their golf skills for the upcoming season.Starting Monday, May 16, the Lone Wolf Golf Club will host a CN Future Links Learn to Play Program where they can learn the ins and outs of the game.- Advertisement -Learn to Play is a new seven-level development program designed to help young golvers develop their skills through seven detailed levels.The five week program will run Monday nights from May 16 until June 13. The program is only $20 dollars for non-members and is free of charge for junior members. As an added bonus, if participants become interested in a membership after going through the program, the $20 fee will be credited towards a junior membership.Lone Wolf General Manager Dave Callum says the program “will not only introduce children to the game, but will make it more affordable, accessible and give kids a chance to learn the game at a high energy.”Lone Wolf will also be providing participants access to a free set of used golf clubs, which have been cut down to a junior size. However, if students have access to their own clubs, they are encouraged to bring them.Advertisement
LOS ANGELES – Before he left the locker room after Wednesday’s loss to the Portland Trail Blazers, Kobe Bryant offered the Lakers’ only exit strategy from a six-game losing streak, saying, “You have to try to will yourself out of the stretch.” It fell to Bryant to provide the will Friday night as the Lakers broke through for their first win since Feb. 5, beating the Boston Celtics 122-96. No team knows long losing streaks quite like the Celtics, who ended an 18-game skid with a victory over Milwaukee before the all-star break. But Boston (13-41) has since lost three games on this Western Conference trip. The Lakers scored the last nine points of the first half to take a 65-54 halftime lead. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The Lakers led by as many as 27 points in the fourth quarter against a Celtics team that has lost 21 of 22 games. In only 31 minutes, Bryant finished with 38 points – 22 of which came in a spectacular first quarter – connected on 5-of-7 three-pointers, found his teammates to the tune of nine assists and matched a season-high with five steals. After a long practice Thursday, Bryant summed up how the Lakers could will themselves out of the losing streak, the longest ever for a Phil Jackson-coached team. “You just have to accept the fact that you’re going to go into a game and you’re going to win no matter what,” Bryant said. “No matter what the circumstances, no matter the injuries, no matter the foul trouble, no matter the shots not going down.” The Lakers were able to hold Boston to just 66 points in the final three quarters and got contributions from Bryant to the last players on the bench. In fact, they might have sold some programs when seldom-used guards Shammond Williams and Aaron McKie played in the first half. For the Lakers to start playing for one another, Jackson apparently felt the need to play everybody. All 11 players got in the game and scored for the Lakers. McKie hit a fourth-quarter jumper and finished a baseline drive for his four points. Williams finished with six points and four assists in 19 minutes.
0Shares0000AFC Leopards head coach watches as his players warm up before their CAF Confederation Cup tie against Fosa Juniors of Madagascar at the Bukhungu Stadium in Kakamega on February 11, 2017. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 12- AFC Leopards head coach Robert Matano went ballistic after his charges produced a shockingly underwhelming performance against Malagasy side Fosa Juniors in their 1-1 CAF Confederations Cup preliminary round draw on Sunday.Matano, not one known to shy away from expressing his feelings and disappointments has now demanded improvement from his players, giving an indirect warning that those not ready to pull their socks will watch proceedings from the terraces. “The players didn’t measure up to expectation. We have been here for four days and the players only have themselves to blame. They didn’t play according to plan and the way I expected them to play,” Matano said after the match.He stretched in his disappointment into the dressing room after the final whistle, clearly stating to the players they let themselves down especially on an evening they played in their ‘traditional home-ground’.Matano was forced to make changes five minutes to the break pulling out Aziz Okaka and Henry Uche who were appalling in their performance and Matano was irate that their under-performance caused him to change his plans.AFC Leopards players walk into the pitch for their CAF Confederation Cup tie against Fosa Juniors of Madagascar at the Bukhungu Stadium in Kakamega on February 11, 2017. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“We were sloppy from the start and we conceded a very easy goal because of a defensive lapse. Our defence was scattered, our midfield was not there, our striking was poor with no organization, no urgency and no constructive moves,” Matano further fumed.“The players just didn’t measure up and without those changes I don’t think we would have matched that team,” he noted.He has now vowed to make a raft of changes for the return leg in Mahajanga on February 21 as he seeks to ensure his side progresses to the next round despite conceding a potentially dangerous away goal.Either a high scoring draw or outright win will see Leopards progress to the next round.“We are going to win, you just take my word,” Matano, with a rare smile on a frustrating evening signed off.If they successfully edge out a good result in Madagascar, AFC will face the winner between Ngazi Sport of the Comoros and AS Port Louis of Mauritius in the first round next month.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
AC Milan star Jeremy Menez Bordeaux are on the verge of signing Liverpool target Jeremy Menez from AC Milan.The 29-year-old forward has been on the Reds’ radar for the past 12 months and the Merseyside club attempted to sign him last summer.However, it has been suggested that their interest has cooled since Jurgen Klopp took over, with the new boss keen to pursue other targets.And that has allowed Bordeaux to agree a deal with Milan to take the Frenchman back to his homeland.The former Paris Saint-Germain ace, who started just two Serie A games last term, is set to sign a three-year deal with Bordeuax although it has been reported that Milan will still pay his wages for the next six months. 1
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl eventThe name Suri has its origins in Hebrew, meaning “princess,” or in Persian, meaning “red rose,” the statement said. The baby was born in Los Angeles, but the exact location was not disclosed. It’s the first child for Holmes, 27. Cruise, 43, has an adopted daughter and son from his marriage to Nicole Kidman. Details surrounding the birth, which was planned under the tenets of the Church of Scientology as a silent procedure, weren’t disclosed. It was just about a year ago that Cruise’s romance with Holmes became a world sensation. The TomKitten has arrived. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the high-profile pair dubbed TomKat by the media, had a baby girl on Tuesday, said Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson. The baby, named Suri, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long, he said. “Both mother and daughter are doing well,” Robinson said in a prepared statement. Coincidentally, Brooke Shields also gave birth Tuesday to a baby girl, her second. The actress and her husband, TV writer-producer Chris Henchy, welcomed Grier Hammond Henchy, who weighed 7 pounds, according to spokeswoman Pat Kingsley. Shields and Cruise had a public spat last year after the “Mission: Impossible” star criticized the actress for taking antidepressants following the birth of her first child. Appearing on the “Today” show, Cruise said there was no such thing as chemical imbalances that need to be corrected with drugs, and that depression could be treated with exercise and vitamins.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!